Division Sustainability Specialist (m/w/d)
Sandvik Mining and Construction G.m.b.H. in Zeltweg seeks a
Division Sustainability Specialist (m/w/d)
As the Sustainability Specialist for our Division Mechanical Cutting, you act as the sustainability expert to our Sales, Supply and Product Management teams. You act as first point of contact for sustainability-related questions and you develop and drive the sustainability agenda for Mechanical Cutting Division. You take the lead for our greenhouse gas emission management and track our progress towards our ambitious sustainability targets and become an active part of Sandvik’s sustainability journey.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Introduction of a Sandvik group-wide greenhouse gas emissions management system
- Establish a forward-looking and industry-leading system to measure the environmental footprint along the entire value chain (cradle-to-grave) of entire Mechanical Cutting business
- Responsible for data collection, reporting, analysis and recommendations
- Take the lead in corporate accounting and reporting of greenhouse gas emissions with quantitative metrics and in addressing new KPIs tracked at corporate level
- Define a sustainability dashboard and implement advanced methods for end-to-end transparency in reporting
- Interpret results with regards to their business relevance and devise actions, present findings to internal and external stakeholders and create relevant benchmarks
- Independent determination and development of proposals for the avoidance of carbon dioxide (CO²) emissions
- Track our ambitious science-based target initiatives (SBTI) and consult with business to get closer to target achievement
- Elaboration and further development of an action guideline for deriving and developing reduction measures
- Supporting purchasing, production and product development with new, changed way of working to reduce footprint as well as providing fact-based decision support for relevant departments
- Close cooperation with product portfolio management and aftermarket as well as the EHS and facility team, but also with other relevant departments (e.g. Supply, R&D/Engineering)
- Regular participation in external training courses, conferences on the topic and engage with institutions, associations and sustainability platforms to be on the pulse of discussions, definitions and insights
- University degree or comparable education in natural sciences, engineering, or a business discipline, preferably with specialization in sustainability and/or environment management
- 2-3 years project management experience in the context of sustainability (preferably gained in the B2B industry) is a plus
- Ability to work independently with hands-on mentality and drive projects in an agile way
- Strategic thinking and analytical approach
- Excellent communication skills, able to convey complex technical topics in an understandable, accurate way
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Result-oriented leadership style and positive mindset to motivate stakeholder
- Ready for international travel (10-15%)
WE ARE OFFERING
A challenging role with the possibility to grow further in organization as well as a future development plan in an international working environment. As required by Austrian federal law we hereby state, that the legal minimum salary according to the Austrian collective agreement for this position amounts from € 4.011,25 gross per month, depending on qualification and experience we offer an adequate overpayment. In addition, we offer other social benefits (e.g. health program, relief fund, additional pension model)
To apply, please access the Sandvik website www.sandvik.com/careers (Job ID: R0048271) or send your application to email@example.com. For further information about this position, please contact Human Resources at +43 3577 755 220.
Read more about Sandvik at:
Sandvik is a global, high-tech engineering group providing solutions that enhance productivity, profitability and sustainability for the manufacturing, mining and infrastructure industries. We are at the forefront of digitalization and focus on optimizing our customers’ processes. Our world-leading offering includes equipment, tools, services and digital solutions for machining, mining, rock excavation and rock processing.
In 2021 the Group had approximately 39,000 employees and revenues of about 86 billion SEK in about 150 countries within continuing operations.
Sandvik Mining and Construction G.m.b.H. in Zeltweg develops and produces tunneling and underground mining machinery for the mechanical cutting mining of minerals and ore deposits, as well as for the roadway development with typical products like Bolter Miner, Roadheader, Continuous Miner, Borer Miner, etc.
Dateien zum Download
Weitere Details siehe Ausschreibung